I had an ultra-light stainless and a Hawkeye stainless, both in 270, at the same time.

With the same loads, the 20 inch ultralight did 90-100 fps slower. I know people say you should get about 30 fps slower with each inch, but that is what I saw in my rifles.

(Last summer I also had a 20" Savage 7-08 that shot the same speed as my two 22 inch 7-08 Tikkas, so go figure.)

I've had a number of Rugers over the years. The ultalight and a 77 tang safety were the only two I couldn't get to shoot as well as I wanted. The ultalight would walk its shots badly as it heated. (Yes, floated and pressure pads, etc.) That's just a sample of one, so it is in no way saying your rifle would do the same.

My 270 ultralight load was H4831sc and a Hornady 140 btsp to 2780, I took two antelope, deer, and an elk with it.

I got rid of all my 270s and now have 7-08s. The 270s were of course good, but I can move the same weight bullet in a short action with 10 grains less powder. (H4350.) And they are twisted fast enough to shoot the 162 Amax...

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221