I recently posted this topic over at AR and thought some might also find it interesting on this site. I made this purchase a few years back on gunbroker. I did have limbsaver replace the flat metal butt pad with their newest recoil pad, yes it is ugly, but it works even better than their regular grind to fit pads (my favorite recoil pads). I also had a local gunsmith inlet the stock for the swivel mount. I had Wild West Guns in Las Vegas NV attach the red dot site to the bolt. I provided the "Arredondo RMR Mount Adapter (plate) and the Trijicon RMR with the 12.9 MOA Green Triangle. I got this idea after seeing a competition with a red dot attached to the slide of a pistol. I went with this brand RMR because it seemed to be the most durable and uses no battery. I went with the triangle so that I could use the top tip of the triangle for better accuracy. Wild West Guns drilled and tapped the bolt for two 6-48 screws (I had trijicon send me 2 extras screws that come with the RMR), and had them also retapp the Arredondo RMR Mount Adapter for the same size screw since it was initially tapped for a smaller screw. The red dot co-witnesses the iron sights perfectly like on military rifles (in case the red dot fails, iron sights can still be used). I have put about a hundred rounds thru the gun since adding the red dot and I like it.

Attached Images
2 copy4.jpg (95.35 KB, 222 downloads)
3 copy3.jpg (96.62 KB, 189 downloads)
6 copy1.jpg (83.89 KB, 142 downloads)
7 copy2.jpg (85.44 KB, 159 downloads)
8 copy2.jpg (92.42 KB, 194 downloads)