Okay, well if you are really looking for a solution, here is something that worked really well for a shooting buddy of mine.

He too was addicted to buying rifles. (And rest assured, it is actually an addiction as fully as if you were dealing with drugs, alcohol, or anything else.)

It got to the point where his wife put her foot down in the most serious fashion, actually threatening divorce. Sick and tired of hunting rifles in the safes, on the walls, under the beds, etc. etc.

I suggested this solution to him, and it worked out great.

There is a simple rule: You can never buy a new rifle, unless you sell two others, and the new rifle has to be a high quality piece, not some piece of gunshow junk that grabbed your interest or caught your eye or that you thought might be neat to "fool around with."

I also made him realize that every time he bought some new wizbang gun, and shot it at the range twice, and then got bored with it and sold it, he was losing about $200. That comes to about $100 per range trip, just to scratch some perceived itch. It is also the same as renting the rifle for about $100 per actual hour of shooting.

At first he didn't like these rules, but then he gradually realized that he got more enjoyment out of owning a fewer number of really nice pieces instead of having lots of so-so junk or mid-grade rifles around the house. It also let him continue to go to gunshows, read magazines and search online for rifles, but only high quality ones that were worth it to him to let 2 others go.

In a period of 8 years, he's gotten down to just 5 high quality rifles which he loves. He also made a point of buying one really nice, high quality, used deer rifle, which he uses for ALL of his big game hunting. (An FN Supreme Mauser in .30-06).

So there you have it. You would still be addicted, but you would have channeled your obsession to a fewer number of higher quality pieces, that you can be proud of, and your wife will be very happy with the solution.

For me personally, after I hit age 50, I just outgrew the whole thing, and got myself down to 3 rifles. It has never hindered me in any hunting I do. (And I am sure you can guess the calibers: .22 lr, .223 and .308).

Hope this helps.

Mannyrock