Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by TC1
This came up before and someone posted these were actually more than a M70 at the time. Having owned both I would pick the little BRNO in a heartbeat.

That is because there was high tax in USA on imports from behind the Iron Curtain at that time. Sure, these are nicest mass-produced post WWII rifles out there. Would I sell my old Winchester 70 to buy one of these rifles. No. That is because there is no beating old Model 70 for ruggedness and reliability.

Besides model number I do not know the difference between ZG-47 and Model 21/22.

Then why bother posting if you don't have a single clue, you smarmy miserable piece of [bleep].

Now kindly [bleep] off and die a slow miserable death somewhere away from the sight of decent men.

A wonderful alternative is legendary 1950s Winchester Model 70 'Featherweight' in .30-06. That is Model 70 with alloy bottom metal 5cm shorter barrel of lighter contour than standard rifle. The handling qualities of that .30-06 are outstanding even by todays standards. Good samples with some field wear but in excellent mechanical order and excellent barrel rifling with no throat erosion can often be found for half the cost of the old Brno rifles.