Desertoakie: "I" like em!
Currently I have just two Unertl's on Rifles.
I have a crystal clear Unertl BV-20 (straight 20 power) mounted cleanly on a custom heavy barreled Sako L-46, in caliber 222 Remington Magnum.
I only bring this Rifle out on special occasions anymore.
Like on nostalgia motivated Prairie Dog Hunts and to take a Rock Chuck or two hereabouts.
My other Unertl scope is a 10 power 1 1/2" Target (mounted in the factory target bases) on a mint condition pre-64 (February 1956) Winchester Model 70 Varmint. This Rifle is in caliber 243 Winchester.
I have not shot this Rifle in decades.
I admit it, "I" think the Unertl's look really cool to me.
But the main reason I have gone through the trouble and expense of obtaining them over the years is because of their distortion free and crystal clear images. I am susceptible to eye strain and its NEVER a problem when using a Unertl!
Over the years I have probably owned 12 other Unertl Rifle scopes.
And speaking of crystal clarity I have a Unertl spotting scope with two different powered eyepieces - these are also WONDERFUL optics.
One of my close friends and shooting buddies owns a Unertl "Team Spotting Scope" and this huge thing is just a work of art and a joy to use at the range.
I would LOVE to own one of these but they are just cost prohibitive, to me anyway.
Sad that the Unertl Company went defunct.
When I was a young man and bought a new Colony Varmint Rifle the first thing I would do was go find a 12 or a 15 power Unertl Ultra-Varmint and go about getting it mounted up.
Never had malfunction one - with ANY of the Unertl products I have owned.
Great looking double brace of Rifles and scopes you have there.
Good for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy