Tom,

I've not been around these parts in several months, I just looked in out of boredom...

Be that as it may... I have had both.. And currently own a 1-A in .22 Horn. which is unbelievably accurate. One of my Browning Low Walls has been converted to "K" Hornet. And that is hands down a favorite... I had a 1-B in .22 Horn, but I really doubt that velocity advantage in the 26" vs the 22" is any more than minimal. My biggest beef with the 1-B is the weight. It is waay heavier than it needs to be.

In fact, I also have a 1-B in .218 Bee, that I cut back to 23 5/8" barrel. I like it much better.

Winchester recently made a run of Lo-Walls in .22 Hornet, but the wood is VERY "plain jane". I have two of those, as well... But the Hornet is slated to be bored to .25/20 and the .223 to 6.5x47 on the .222 Mag case. (I paid $839 for both of them over the counter..." Am considering buy another to have bored to 6.5 Creedmore. smile The logic on that move is a bit skewed, as I also have Browning LW's in .243 Win and .260 Rem...

My point is; You can basically have anything you want, if you are willing to make it. Of course, sometimes those bastards at Ruger make it right after you get yours back from the 'smith... (But that's another story... wink )

Bottom line is: I'd take the LW over the 1-B all day long... Triggers can be fixed...

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"