Originally Posted by JGRaider
With regards to the Sig Kilo (it really has my interest), have you guys had a chance to range targets in foggy/overcast/poor light? Obviously that's where rf's struggle.

JG,

I haven't had a chance to use my Sig in the fog yet, I've really only played with it a couple of times since I got it a week and a half ago. My Leica doesn't like the fog, there was the very slightest hint of fog a few weeks ago when I was hunting one morning and it wouldn't range more than 150 yds until the fog burned off, then it was back to normal.

One reason I decided to try the Sig is the scan feature, my Leica is a pre-scan model. I tried the Sig inside the house on a wall and it ranged it at 7 yds so it has a good minimum range. Combined with the angle compensation feature it should work well for bowhunting also. Some RF's, at least the older ones, will only go down to 15-20 yds which doesn't work well for bowhunting, this looks like it will. It's pretty tiny, about half the size of the leica. Like I said, I haven't had a chance to stretch it out yet but so far it looks pretty impressive. The optics aren't quite as good as my Leica, but they're plenty good to do what it's meant to do.