I'd suggest Washington and Green Counties in the SW corner. I lived and hunted down that way alot in the 1990's, early 2000's. I spent most of my time in/around Claysville. There is a big state gamelands south of Claysville (SGL 245). A path bisects the whole gamelands in a "L" shape. There used to be several bazilion deer on the GL because its surrounded by farm fields and is big enough for deer to escape the masses. Be a bit careful on shooting one in the center some where. I've done it a bunch of times and the drag out sucks.

If you want more of a big woods flavor, just about any of the state/federal property in the middle part of the State will work. The deer density is much lower - much lower. I'd also suggest the bigger gameleands in Crawford and Erie Counties. Crawford and Erie counties are farm country and grow big deer. I'd look at SGL 270, 214, 101, and around Pymatunin Lake. I've personally hunted all these areas and have killed deer and turkeys.

The other option is to start this summer and knock on a few doors. You can still gain access to hunt private property by simply being polite and considerate.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.