Correct mirror blue and varnish finish, windgauge rear, shotgun butt with the Screaming Indian, 22", no extra holes in metal or wood, front and rear wood excellent with very little damage, no cracks, vivid case where hidden, great shiny bore, some carry wear and surface rust speckles. Overall, sounds pretty good right? It actually turned out better than I thought. I bought it for the action and buttstock, but seeing how original and nice it is, I won't part it out.

Prepare the tar and feathers...

Problem is, to me the 303 is like the Rambler of the Savage line. Just no interest. I think I've reached critical mass in what I have time to fuss with unless it lights a pretty big fire. I'd take the leap for a different cartridge if it was well, different. Say 25-35 or 38-55.

I can sit on it, for the sake of it, but that's not really my style, owning it when it doesn't light my fire.

What to do?

1) Lay for ammo at gunshows or where ever and try to shoot it down the road. Who knows, maybe I'll like it, but it's a heavy little beast, so I doubt it.

2) don't really want to load for it

3) rebarrel it, swap somebody for a something interesting?

4) rebore it

5) sell it

You guys probably think I'm crazy not loving it.

LOL