[Linked Image]

I started shooting these bullets 4 seasons ago when I bought my first 7mm08. Loaded with 43 gr of RL15 and estimated velocity of 3000fps. They shoot bughole groups, so I've never tried to get faster. I've killed about 25 deer with them anywhere from 5 yds to 370 yds. In that time, I've found 3 bullets.....all from deer that were facing straight to me.

The bullet on the left is from a doe shot about 175 yds. Shot entered between brisket and shoulder and stopped just inside her ass cheek. She ran 30 yds.

The middle bullet is from a buck shot at 50 yds, straight in the brisket and lodged under the skin near the last rib. He dropped.

Right bullet is from a doe I shot last week. 130 yds. Shot right where neck joins chest and stopped in middle of hind quarter. She ran 75 yds and had a pretty good blood trail.

It's hard to complain about bullet performance when the deer dies quickly, but the last one has me a little concerned about lack of expansion. What are your thoughts? According to Strelock the bullet should have had an impact speed of 2600 fps. I've killed deer with these bullets several times at 350 yds+ where the velocity would be down to 2100-2200, but never recovered one that far.
Am I being too picky? Are these bullets harder than I thought?
Dead is dead, right?