A plus factor for the American market, the rifle is deliberately dimensioned to Remington M-700 specs. Scope bases, triggers and I believe even stocks are interchangeable,I have been told.

A 700 stock will likely fit with just a tad bit of tweaking. I say likely because my experience with the LG store gun, the trigger well on a 700 stock needs to be opened up lengthwise to allow the Bergara trigger to drop in (protruding adjustment screws). (Yes, the LGS guys were curious, as was I, so we attempted to put a SPS stock on the B-14). Being that the trigger would not drop down into the trigger inletting we were not able to determine if the bolt release would clear the stock line. Lastly, we found the recoil lug (fixed on the Bergara, not sandwiched like the 700) was .085" wider than the 700 and would not drop into the recoil lug mortise.

I suspect that all of these differences would be moot points to a looney. I have a McM HTG 700 S/A that I'm gonna take in and see if it will accommodate the B-14 w/o modification. I suspect it will. The HTG had no 'web' between the trigger inletting and mag well. And, McMs generally have a generous mortise for the recoil lug.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.