Finally got my Campfire Special .260 out to the range for the first time. Thought I would try IMR 4451 and the Hornady 123 grain A-Max finding some loading info on the at hodgdonreloading.com website for a similar bullet in the same weight. Loaded a few at the minimum charge to get the scope zero'd and several rounds at 1/2 grain increments up to the max of 43.9 grains.

Did the shoot-one-and-clean for the first five rounds as I was getting the scope set a 25 yards, but quickly tired of that! Moved over to the 100 yard target and shot the remainder without cleaning between shots. Best load was 42.0 grains of 4451 with two three-shot groups around a half inch.

[Linked Image]

Two three-shot groups certainly don't mean much, but it was nice to see them early in the process. Also noticed the barrel cleaned up very easily after the range session. Very little copper fouling based on how easily the barrel cleaned up and the dreaded blue color on cleaning patches disappeared. Not sure if it's the copper fouling eliminator in the IMR 4451 or the barrel, but either way it sure made cleaning easier.

Did not take take my chronograph - will get some more loaded at 42.0 grans and get some bullet speeds the next time we get good shooting weather.

One negative I noticed - and this is very much a personal thing that I have not seen anybody else mention - the trigger shoe feels a little uncomfortable to me. Almost like it's a bit too short. The feel of the trigger pull is fine, just seems that the shape is a bit odd. I'm sure I will get used to it.

Last edited by Phil09; 02/07/16.