Originally Posted by TheKid
I like the new generation of Lee molds, even the 2 cavities are nothing like the junk from just a couple years ago. I'm probably going to get a couple of the truncated tumble lube designs for the 9&10mms. I've had great luck running the T/L designs through a Luber like normal and have no leading problems.

Well the current trend with coated bullets is no lube groove at all, or NLG bullets, and most of the best suppliers to competitive shooters like Bayou Bullets have those designs available. The NLG bullets are more accurate.

The Lee tumble lube bullets need no sizing...they were designed that way, so just load them as they drop and that will save you a lot of time screwing around with a sizer. I don't size most of the bullets from Lee molds as they tend to be undersized anyway, depending on how the alloy you use shrinks. A 9mm is more touchy than larger cals for getting a bullet/load that shoots well, so for loading cast in 9mm bigger is better...I run them at 357.

WST or WSF or about a dozen other powders will work well with them. I used cases of 452AA for 45 and AA #5 for 10mm and 9mm. I like Bullseye and it's still a great powder choice, but 452AA was very clean burning. The WST/WSF combo will load up fine behind cast in all of them.

Years ago when I was shooting matches with my HPs, I used the Lee 125 RN out of the mold, but I needed better accuracy for the longer, smaller targets at 40-50 yards...(some of the range guys who ran those matches were sadists)... so I wised up and drove up to the factory and bought a truck load of Bear Creek 147 TC Moly Coated bullets that shot better than jacketed bullets and lots cleaner, and hit the steel harder. The recoil recovery is softer with the heavier bullets.

If I had to cast all those 9mm bullets my team and I shot I'd still be casting, so buying those saved me a bunch of time better spent shooting...which is the point.

I've always cast my own bullets for 50 years, but the problem is finding lead these days, and if I have to buy the damn lead at a buck a pound, if I need a bunch, it's not worth my time for what Bayou sells their bullets for in case lots. Bayou will custom size too, on request, and the right diameter is the most important factor in shooting cast accurately.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."