Wanted to update this since everyone gave so much great feedback!

We spent most of the last weekend with her handling guns, we went to the Harrisburg Outdoor Show in PA, then stopped at Cabelas on the way home. Overall she handled:

- Remington (BTW, what's the thought behind Remington going to a 10 day outdoor show with 40 guns for people to handle and not a single Model 7 or 700 compact? Just dumb)
- Savage
- Ruger
- Tika
- TC
- Browning
- Winchester
- Mossberg
- Winchester

Once we got the dealers to stop talking to me and talk to her she had a blast! by far the best vendor was the Winchester guy. He showed the gun (drawing a blank on the name now), features, explained length of pull to her, how to quickly check it etc. She didn't particularly care for the Winchester, to heavy, he then pointed us over to Browning with the specific gun (X-bolt) to check there.

Overall, after handling them all, aiming, shouldering etc. She fell in love with the TC Venture Weather Guard. I was a bit surprised that she didn't like the Venture compact as much, but when I asked her "why this one?" she said she felt like she couldn't explain it, but out of all the guns, this one "just felt natural to hold and shoulder and aim"

Told her that's what we're looking for!

Unfortunately couldn't actually buy it there, so we will be getting it locally via a dealer near us, in 7mm-08, then topping it with a Leupold Vx-III in 2x-7x.

We also booked a mule deer/antelope hunt in WY for Oct 5-10, so she will be hopefully Christening it then!

Thanks for the info and advice to everyone on this site, you guys rock!

Last edited by Bob_H_in_NH; 02/07/16.