Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Much appreciated. Looking at hunting with Battle River Cree Outfitters.

I've been longing to get back to Canada since I was a teenager. We flew into a remote lake for a week of fishing. If I had been of age,I'd have defected then and there. Hated to leave. I'm not getting any younger,and I have to try my luck at a north country monster.

It was something of a disappointment to find that our jump off point is on the sketchy side. I've been in rough towns before,but not while loaded down with expensive trap to keep an eye on. I like the idea of calling the RCMP. Makes sense to me. I've worked as a peace officer here,and am a certified firearms instructor. Down here in the lower 48,I'm quite comfortable in the unsavory element. Different story across the border I'm sure. No Glock.

We thought about dragging a camper along. Maybe find a quieter place to hole up. Likely just stay in town and try to keep a low profile.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."