scott, my first attempt was with harbor freight shake and bake, didn't turn out real good. Then i tried some of the hi temp spray paint, worked better. Then i went to the powder by the pound stuff, but was using the wrong container.
I am using the black bb's when shaking.
interesting enough from something yondering said, i have been standing the up but knocked over a few to see what would happen after they got cooked. no difference worth talking about so i ain't gonna go to the trouble of standing them up any more. I had presized these bullets to .376, and the paint added .002 to measure .378. I did run them through the sizer die to get back to .376, and they went through real slick, but i don't think that is necessary either.
I would treat all these bullets as per cast bullet specs, just like you would with plated bullets.
these came out a lot better than my first attempts but i should mention i am pushing that 250grain bullet in the 375winchester to about 1800fps and they are producing good groups for me, clean barrel too.
I did fire a 310grain 44 magnum done this way through a contender at over 1000fps, and the barrel didn't even look like it had been shot.
I recovered that bullet after passing through about ten milk jugs and i think it could be reloaded again.
i should add also i handled those bullets before coating, and didn't clean them. Didn't make any difference still coated well.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/08/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO