Originally Posted by Mule Deer
No, they're not bonded to the tip. Instead the front end is left "loose," so they'll expand approximately like a Partition.

Also like several of the larger Partitions, which have the partition moved forward so they'll retain at least 75% of their weight, some of the larger AccuBonds are designed essentially the same way. The most retained weight I've seen is 81%, from the second 250-grain 9.3 AB I shot into my Alaska grizzly. I killed it with the first one, which went into the left shoulder crease and exited the right shoulder, but the bear turned and started running, and the second one at the rear of the right ribs ended up under the skin on the left side of the neck.

Also have some .338 and .375 AccuBonds in my collection, all retaining over 75% of their weight.

I have posted this before but this 225 gr 35 cal weighed 191 gr after hitting a moose retaining 85 % of it's original weight
[Linked Image]

And this 200 gr 35 cal weighed 138 gr (69%) after hitting a lot of bone on a black bear.

[Linked Image]

All the rest of the Accubonds I have shot at game have gone through. My favorite bullet by far.......

Gerry.