Originally Posted by Calhoun
The last one with 8GB RAM would be my suggestion also. More horsepower and memory than you need.. but the others are borderline. Spend the $50 now and you won't have to touch it again.

It doesn't have an old style parallel printer port, hopefully your printer is a USB printer. If not I'd say it's time to buy a new printer also. grin
Printer's only a year+ old and it is a USB style.

Originally Posted by walt501
SSD's (solid state drives) have come down in price to the point that I won't have another computer or upgrade an older computer without one. They last longer and there is less chance of loosing all your data to a bad hard drive.
True, but I have an external hard drive AND Carbonite service - which has saved my bacon twice before..
As far as brand of computer goes, it's just the name on a Chinese case and mostly Chinese internals. I would recommend 8 gig of ram. For fun (mostly) buy your own components and assemble a computer yourself. You won't save any money, but you'll have better internals. MicroCenter in St. Louis Park has everything you need.
I might have to visit that place in person.. Thanks for that tip.

Last 2 PCs have been HP and they've been pretty good - considering the environment here in the shop.

I appreciate the input and will consider anything more from others..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!