I wonder, if I practiced shooting sporting clays while balancing on a unicycle, would that make me a better game shot? It's hard to shoot from a unicycle so it must make one a better field shot, right? Matt Drike could do it and he was an Olympic Gold Medalist. Are our SC course designers missing the boat on this impressive skill by not including it in their designs? Maybe I should practice shooting flies on the wing with a rubber band gun. That's gotta be hard too, so that should make me a better game shot as well. That's gotta be a lot more useful than practicing shooting at clay targets at ranges one would actually shoot at game birds. How useless is that? I've been wasting my time for far too many years. It's a wonder anyone managed to bring down a game bird before the value of practicing unrealistic shots at unsportsmanly long ranges was discovered. And if I ever encounter a pheasant with a lit bottle rocket up it's, uh, vent, then maybe the practice on springing teal will finally pay off.

Last edited by cooper57m; 02/09/16.