Originally Posted by AFTERUM
school me on how those boards work?

Crappie Reaper planer boards are made to fish using jigs targeting fish that's suspended, staging up in creeks in a pre-spawn mode, mostly following bait schools and are not concentrated on specific structures. The theory is to put lots of lures in the strike zone and cover water (slowly, 0.7 or 0.8 mph). The advantage of using boards is that you can cover a lot of water they also really help line management when turning and keeping lines from getting tangled when you hook fish. These bright orange planers will disturb the surface and act as a front-runner with the bait typically 2 - 40 feet behind the board. With your wide coverage and separation of lines, you have the ability to turn 180 degrees in an acre of water. This gets you back to the action quickly.

Hope that answers some questions.

Below is a video I made just showing them running but I got lucky and was able to get a 7" crappie hitting a jig on a board at the very end. Not a great video shot with a iPhone.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman