Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If a "rule" is worth having, it should be published for all to see. Unwritten rules are, by their very nature, ambiguous.

If I see an item for sale or at auction that might be of interest to a particular member, I PM them with the information, just did it earlier today. A week or so ago, I PM'd Calhoun with info on a 1920 in 250-3000 that I ran across, was that against "the rules" too?

Nope, pm'ing info on a gun is perfectly legit. I've lost count of how many guns I've referred to members here.

And the guidelines are in the "Misc. Good Info" thread in this forum, so they are "published".
I only recognize Rick Bin's rules. If they aren't Rick's rules, they are just suggestions to be followed, or not followed, at the discretion of the individual.

Which is why I called them guidelines and not rules. Nobody is going to get booted off the site for posting live auctions. Just like nobody would get booted from the site for badmouthing sales in the free classifieds - another campfire guideline. But it's also likely to get ugly...

I personally am interested in learning, and that's just as easy for me to do by posting it after the auction is over and asking my questions then. If I want to help somebody get on a great deal, obviously a PM is better.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com