Originally Posted by Ringman
The post about the sheriff cars made me think:

If about 10% of the population is atheist, why are the other 90% concerned so they constantly capitulate? I include agnostics in the 90% because if they truly agnostic they couldn't care less.

I also think if the atheist were really atheist they wouldn't care also. They are not really atheists. Atheist should be totally apathetic to what the rest of the people do. They are anti-God-of-the-Bible. When's the last time you heard these atheist bad mouthing the god-of-the-Koran?

Ringman, good to hear we are getting under your skin, other wise you wouldn't want us to shut up.

First Atheist are not monolithic. Atheism address the question of a single proposition, do you accept god claims, or not. Atheism is a question of belief, and agnosticism is a question of knowledge, so technically all agnostics are atheist.

Your idea that atheist should not care is absurd. Beliefs inform actions, and mistaken beliefs cause sub-optimal actions. The idea that I shouldn't care if some Muslim suicide bomber kills my daughter a quest for his 72 virgins dismisses all responsibility of the religious for the effects of their actions on those who do not share their fairy-tale beliefs.

It's not that we are "anti-bible", it's that we are Pro-Truth, and Pro-Reality. The Bible, Koran, Hadiths, and Book of Mormons are nearly equally false. The only real difference is we have contemporary evidence that Joseph Smith actually existed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell