Hey Nick

I'm in the same quest as you are.

I have hunted elk and mule deer in Wyoming and Colorado and find my self in a "point building" year. I have to wait a year or two yet to build points to hunt deer again...

So, in anticipation of a off year. I drove thru SE Montana last fall on my way to Cody Wy. to hunt mule deer. I want to hunt Montana District 7 for deer this fall.

The challenge I want to meet is to find a whitetail worthy of the living room wall. When I drove thru district 7, I saw a bunch of mule deer... and even one shooter cross the road.... but no whitetail.

I do see a whole bunch of public land. However access will be a challenge.

Last year I bought an I-Pad and downloaded Onxmaps. It worked prity good as long as I was under a cell tower... I have to work out the kinks a little bit and may need to go to a satilite gps unit. Maps, Maps and Maps with a gps unit may be your only friend.

One thing I can tell you from my hald harted scouting trip is to start practicing your shooting skills at 300 yards or more...

If you get any good tips on where to look for a decent whitetail... please do share.

It would be nice to share notes with you some time.

mike

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.