Ammunition that is thrown in a fire, burned or heated cannot "shoot" anything. The reason is, any pressure created upon ignition within the case travels out in all directions, unless contained. There is insufficient pressure to push the bullet away from the case mouth more than an inch or two.

I don't know why this myth perpetuates. It must be the movies or television.

In order for a bullet to be propelled with any force, it has to be placed into a container (like your rifle's chamber) so that the pressure created by the burning gases cannot escape in any direction, except forward, and act on the base of the bullet.

Without this containment, the case splits open, any unburnt powder ignites and you'll hear a pop. Our ovens were nicknamed 'popcorn poppers', a slang term that describes the sound when cartridges are heated and burst inside.

How do I know this? I was in the service for over twenty yrs and used to work explosives disposal ranges as an EOD technician. And that's not Internets storytelling. I recently retired as a civilian after teaching wpns and explosives for 17 yrs, both in and out of uniform.

a short bio - https://www.303british.com/id68.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]