Posting this here because I've had more issues with owners of shotguns having no clue how their own firearm works..

At least 5-6 times per year I get a shotgun in that "won't cycle shells".. Probably 25% of the time it's the owner not knowing his own firearm. The last one (2 days ago) claimed "shells won't come out of the magazine"..

Ok, it happens, especially with the Rem 1100/11-87 items when improper installation of the bolt can break the feed latch tip... Guy comes in and drops off a brand-new Beretta Pintail. I look it over and say, "let's go outside and do a test fire"..

I load one in the chamber, load 2 more in the magazine, point down range and let 'er fly.. BANG BANG BANG in very short order.. "WTH", he sez, "but when I go to unload it I can't get them out of the magazine"

I was pretty sure I knew the answer but he didn't have his manual with. So I went online and downloaded the pertinent page, then highlighted the sentence he needed to read, then offered a demonstration for the technique.

Come to find out he never read the manual and didn't know this particular shotgun needs to be unloaded while upside down and with your thumb pressed against the shell stop - the shells are then removed one-by-one..as opposed to the Rem units where one just cycles the action by hand.

Two months before, another semi-auto came in that 'wouldn't cycle ammo'.. After the fore-arm was removed it was obvious the piston and ring were installed backwards.. The proper sequence is diagrammed in the manual..which I gently (and with a smile) reminded him to reference next time in case he forgets the procedure..

Even those with Browning A-5s many times can't get it right - and most of THOSE have the diagram glued inside the fore-arm!!..Hello!!

Not, by any means, complaining - just wondering if you shotgun owners here truly read the manuals that come with the firearm to become familiar with the various operations and disassembly/reassembly functions (unless it's a replacement of one you already know and are familiar with)?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!