Gohip,

I figured as much, thanks!

In fact, today I went to an indoor range that brags about their rifle range being good to .50 BMG and asked them if I could sight in my 416 Rigby... at first the range guy wasn't sure and went and asked the manager... the answer I got back was it would be okay but I would have to do it when they weren't busy... (which is almost never). So, I circled back to the manager and asked him directly and he said he told the range worker that the limit was 300 Win Mag. I asked why, if the bullet stop was rated for .50 BMG?!?!? He said liability / insurance reasons and ricochets. Crap! Really?!?!? So, I know the owner really well but I try not to exploit that... He and I went to Africa on safari together years back. I'll ask him what the real scoop is but I don't want him to make a special exception for me, if that is the rule.

As an aside, I've got 7 new rifles to sight in too! A new AR in 5.56 I built, two new .22 long rifles (one of them is a CZ 455 Varmint), a Rem Model 700 in 243 Win, an old Win Model 71 in 348 Win, a Sako 75 in 300WSM and the M77 MkII Magnum 416 Rigby. I will need to make multiple trips to get all of this done properly.