Guys,

Thanks for all the replies and help! I'll try and answer all the questions I have gleaned from reading all the posts this morning.

The old stuff is on it's 4th loading.

The new stuff is brand new. Never seen a sizing die. Just straight out of the box, primed, powdered, seated, shot.

I was using an inertial. I have pulled bullets with this before using various stuff loaded with forster dies, and it has always been very tough.

But when I did it with the 'new' stuff, I was pleasantly surprised, as it came out relatively easy. Three bangs or so and each one came loose, no problem. I had been dreading pulling all the bullets I planned because my experience in the past suggested it was a pain.

But when I started pulling the bullets from the 'old' stuff that had been sized, back to expectation. I had to bang the hell out of them to get those bullets out. Every one of them were a lot more difficult to get out, that's why I noticed it. The difference was unmistakable, so I noted it my notes.

As to the powder lot, I thought they were the same, but considering the velocity drop, I am questioning that. Unfortunately, I cannot answer that definitively, so I'll just have to assume it is the same and check the other things that I can check.

My plan is as follows:

Take the 'new' brass that I had pulled the bullets from and repowder and reseat these as is.

Take the 'old' brass that I had pulled bullets from and repowder and reseat these as is.

Take some fired 'old' brass and resize, powder and shoot

Take some once-fired 'new' brass and resize, powder and shoot

Hopefully, that will give me enough data to know if it has to do with using new unre-sized brass/neck tension vs...maybe a different powder lot.

Fingers crossed, hopefully lesson learned!