GeeDub,

After a sudden, terrific bout of Pancreatitis a year ago, I was left with high blood sugar for a while while my angry pancrease healed.

It was Lantus plus Novolog for a couple months. It reached the point last fall where it was just 26 units of Lantus once per day.

No side effects or reactions with either. At all. I now use the Lantus pens with a new pentip every morning. I always considered myself a needle phobic, but I got over it right away. The needles are small and most of the time I don't feel them. However....sometimes its a sharp, painful jab into my stomach.....which is my one and only injection site. Sometimes a little blood. Bruises are common. I was told to keep the injection site (belly vs thigh vs upper arm) the same from day to day.

Got some more weight to lose and some tougher diet restrictions (keep away from carbs and sweets) and I expect to not have to take anything anymore.

If I do, I have a new doctor here who agrees with me that a pill will handle my situation.

My last A1C in November was 5.4. I now wonder if I need anything at all, but the docs are too chicken to tell me to try life w/o Lantus. I....on the other hand.......will try it soon.....

Last edited by Hombre; 02/21/16.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.