Originally Posted by sandcritter
Pardon the hijack, but XPLRN, what part of the country are those photos from? Wonderful pictures.

Birdman is cool, he let me shoot his sweet black powder muzzleloader years ago @ Qumato, shouldn't be a problem with a little hijack'n.

Thanks for the compliment on the pictures!! My grandfather went up to northern Wisconsin back in the late 1800's/ turn of the century as he had heard there was a lot of great deer hunting up there. He knocked around for a while, enjoying the hunting, trapping and lumberjacking lifestyle.......he enjoyed it enough to homestead some property and start a family. We are very fortunate that one of the neighbors of my grand dad was into photography and liked to take pictures. He enjoyed taking pictures of my grand dad and my dad as they went about their farming and timber endeavors.

Originally Posted by Bugout4x4
This song actually changed lifestyles for a lot of people when it came out and for years after.

A guy came pulling into my place one time with a Wagon drawn by a couple Horses and a couple Mules with a couple Goats tied to the back and asked if he could stay long enough to rest his Stock.

Now I don't know anyone who would not allow this just for curiosity reasons alone so of course I was glad to help him out. So he stayed for a couple days resting, watering and grazing his Stock on our place before moving on.

Turns out he Was a "City Guy" who was tired of the Rat Race and decided to buy his current "outfit" and head to New Mexico and live a Self Sustainable lifestyle. After getting to know him and talking for awhile I askeyd him what made him decide to do this extreme change of lifestyle?

He asked me..."Have you heard that Song Simple Man?". smile

That's a great story, thanks for sharing, how long ago did that encounter take place?? Makes one wonder how his 'simple man' quest played out!??

Last edited by XPLRN; 02/24/16.