I have been fighting a losing battle against hordes of pocket gophers in my hay field. Last year I trapped over a hundred of the little beggars. These are not the ground squirrels that come out and play. No, these guys burrow and make mounds and won't come out to play, so firearms are pretty much useless.

I have been watching mounds pop up all over the place and formulating my battle plan. The traps I have been using are OK, but it takes a long time to find the tunnel, then set the trap, then check it, then re-set the percentage that are buried. Here is a picture of the kind of trap I have been using.
[Linked Image]

I only have a half dozen of these and they are up to around $14 per now. So here is the new plan.

I have a Kawasaki KDX200, which is a two stroke dirt bike. I got a piece of hose that fits pretty snug into the tailpipe. I also have a Yamaha WR426 4 stroke but it's tail pipe runs much hotter, hot enough to melt the hose, and I doubt it puts out the CO that a two stroke generates. The plan is to park the bike by a hole, find the tunnel, put the hose in, let the bike idle, and gas the little buggars. Anyone have any experience with this? Was it effective? How long do you need to gas them?

Thanks!