Picked up a .22 Benjamin Discovery a couple weeks ago as my first PCP. Put a Hawke 4x12x40 scope on it. Here's my initial thoughts.

Pros:

Nice bang for the buck. As far as PCP's go this is about the cheapest you can go to get in the game.

Far more accurate than I expected.

Super lightweight.

Cons:

Had problems getting it to fill when I got it and yesterday it developed a leak and I had to send it back to the factory. I hope Crosman has quick turn around.

Haven't chrony'd it yet but I will. I'm noticing that at 50 yards, I'm getting pellet drop over about 20 shots, which I suspect is causing my POI to shift. I thought I'd have more consistent velocities over the shot range, but I'm betting they start high and tail off.

Trigger isn't great, but it's usable.

LOUD. Report is about like .22 Long CB's

Hand-pump is a workout. A tank would be nice, but what's a poor guy to do.

This is about the best I can do with this rifle/optics combo. I seriously doubt I'll ever do much better, but you never know. I might luck into a pellet that groups a little tighter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I bought this rifle for the sole purpose of knocking off some house sparrows that have been killing my Eastern bluebirds. So far I've knocked off 4 sparrows from 10-28 yards. Most of the shots were hastily done, so some of the sparrows weren't hit perfect, and had to be chased by the cat. However, that's fine with me, knocking them down where they're no longer a problem is the goal.

I like the Disco. It fits the bill for what I was looking for. Maybe some day I'll be able to step up to one of the fancier .22 or possibly a big bore. Until then, I'll be happy with this Benjamin. (If the factory gets it squared away..)