I've had to Braie more meat in my life then I can count. There should be some type of culinary award for the PH's across the whole of Southern Africa that stand over a burning pile of coals in the evenings to sear the multitude of species we are required to prepare!

I've done Braie's with Elephant, Rhino, giraffe, for some of the more unusual and then the more typical species as well, of course!

Having eaten my fair share of game I think that the Black Wildebeest, eland, Cow Gemsbok, Nyala ewes, Springbok, Doves, and impala must rank near the top. At the other end of the scale is Waterbuck, Francolin, and old male Warthogs.

Some guys like different things for sure. I've had people that think Kudu and Gemsbok are the best meats on earth, and others that did not like the Kudu at all? Kudu falls someplace in the middle for me.

Funny thing about the Zebra, that fat they have is quite unique. It's as Yellow as a Crayola crayon. I think 100% of the hunters that see this for the first time comment on it. It's not a very tasty fat either. We are very meticulous to remove all of it from the meat when eaten. One reason we do not utilize the meat from the Zebra's very much.

Plus, shooting an eland a week before clients arrive is enough meat for the next month of hunting camp, no need to struggle when there is 700-1000lbs of meat hanging in the Locker!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)