Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Originally Posted by hatari
Marius,

Have no fear hunting a good client with the 6.5 Swede shooting 140's. It's effectness seems out of proportion to the paper ballistics. You won't see a difference between the Swede and the .280. I've had great success in RSA with the Swede.

I wouldn't use if for eland, and I have witnessed gemsbok soak up the lead and move on, but they use that round in Scandanavia to take trucks loads of moose every year.

I've had quite a few hunters bring the 6.5, and they do work great. I've had a lady take a Kudu with a 25.06.
I still prefer my hunters to pack a little more than 6.5mm on something like. Kudu,Gemsbuck or Wildebeest.
Like i said, can it be done, absolutely, but I see many calibers listed by the OP that will pack a little more heat than the 6.5

Agree, agree. For me, the 9.3 x 62 and 6.5 Swede are a great combo to safari with. I suppose that is just the oddball .375 H & H and .30-06 idea, but it works for me!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo