I have had an Ithaca LSA-65 IN 30-06 since 1975 or 1976. Got about 2,000-2,500 rounds through it and still going strong. Mine is NOT the deluxe model. The magazine is all metal and double stack. It consistently gives MOA accuracy _- better on my better days. The trigger breaks cleanly at just over three pounds which is just where I like it for a hunting rifle. It is crisp with little take up and nil over travel.

I also have a TIKKA M-65 in 30-06 from 1978, and the bolt and magazines are interchangeable, though I have never swapped bolts with live ammo. Both shoot about the same -- perhaps the TIKKA shouts a tad better, three quarters moa.

Good rifles. Good shooters. Killed a truck load of moose and deer with mine.

I live in the sticks and couldn't find the TIKKA rings to go with the dovetails, so I used a number 61 Weaver base front and rear. Has worked fine for forty years. Zero issues.

Should add that the mag's are flush mount on bottom and function well, and in 30-06, they hold five rounds and are long enough to accommodate longer than SAMMI length if the chamber cooperates, and both of mine do.

Hope this helped.

Last edited by the_shootist; 03/19/16.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith