I've owned many Sako's manufactured at different points across the last 50 years (except 75's). Among the Deluxe line, I really haven't observed much difference in build quality at all. Figure in the wood is better than ever in the 85's I've handled, but the stocks aren't as trim as they were in the original L61R/L579 series. The later A-series stocks are bulky but may be desirable in hard kicking calibers. L579/L61R/A-Series rifles have high polish bluing which some prefer to the 85's more matte finish. Beyond the Deluxe models, it is fair to say the Sporter models are not as finely finished as the originals but the solid mechanicals remain. Newer models get a bolt shroud which some prefer. All are good gear, just a matter of balancing the trade offs to your preferences.

Since the 85 Bavarian is unique and chambered in the gentlemanly 6.5x55, why not!? I hunt every year with an early AII Mannlicher that I will never sell despite it's blasphemous plastic magazine follower. Procure the Bavarian, hunt, and be merry. Life is short.