I have a fairly good sized stash of parts and pieces in raw form, ....spooled up many years ago by some old duffer who was making several different sizes of Soulle tang sights.
Given the embarrasing list off to the port that the new recess evinces, it seemed that providing some windage adjustment just migh be in order
Once some O1 drill rod was threaded to the new 1/4-40 TPI
chosen the goody box was raided, and this widget counterbored slightly @ .250", than tapped 10-32"

[Linked Image]

Those of ya' owning Soulle replicas will likely recognize the raw stock chosen, crap there's a LOT of fooling around goes into building those lash ups !

[Linked Image]

Sight, bottomed out, that should be plenty low enough

[Linked Image]

Maxed out,....should be about right for a "40 Rod gun", ..if not, spooling up taller one will be short work, I can probably wring another .250" out of the clearance below without hanging it through the trigger plate

[Linked Image]

Horsing this barrel around from vise to vise is fatiguing,....everybody has to believe in something, I believe I'll have a beer, and put the day's tools away.

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain