I have recently been trying to downgrade a little, selling some customs and acquiring some factory rifles. My tastes now lean towards stainless mountain rifles. I've found several and typically sell off the LSS stock and go to a Hunter's Edge. I also typically use a PT&G fluted firing pin with aluminum shroud and a PT&G aluminum ADL triggerguard. And I also typically send off the bolts to Kampfeld for the Ti treatment/fluting and blasting of the aluminum shroud to match the factory stainless finish. Lots of unnecessary $$'s spent, but I've become kinda' anal about it. I also have been a slut for Timney triggers, although lately I've been sending the factory triggers off to 805 for a 2.25 lb pull and have found his work to be excellent. So I'll probably be selling off a few Timneys in the near future.

Now that I've spilled my M.O., here are weights of factory rifles with all the goodies versus my Ti rifles. The SA Ti is a 308 that has a heavier 3.5-10x scope and a heavier Rock barrel installed by GAP. So that comparison is apples to oranges +P.

First the long actions. Top to bottom is the factory Ti 30-06 with a PT&G alum shroud and T/G, a MR 280, and a MR 270. The factory Ti and the 280 have the same CDS VX2 scope. The 270 on bottom wears a VXIII 3.5-10.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless