Took the new Ruger out for it's first run today.

Shot cast 200gr SWC .452" from the ACP and Colt case, and shot some 230gr XTP from the ACP case. All were fueled by Unique.

Range on all the paper was 25 yards. Was sitting in a folding chair, with wrists resting over a knee. Pretty stable position, but wind was about 20 mph from 9 oclock.

Everything shot reasonably well, and the 230gr XTPs stood out for tigh grouping. Here are a few targets.

This was the first rounds fired. 200gr SWC over 6.4gr Unique in the 45ACP. I fired 12 rounds that were centered but low (the circled holes). Made an elevation correction and fired the last six into the square.

[Linked Image]

Second target is 12 rounds 45 Colt, 200gr SWC over 8.0gr Unique. Not horrible, but a bit looser than the 45 ACP with the same bullet.

[Linked Image]

The 45 ACP with 230gr XTPs over 7.4gr Unique were the last I put on paper. They shot very tight.

[Linked Image]

Out of curiosity, I tapped a .452" cast bullet through each of the cylinders, and they both were .4515 after. Not sure of exact bore size, but there was no leading to speak of.

After checking accuracy on paper and getting the sights dialed in, I did some rock plinking at distances out to about 100 yards. Overall I'm real happy with it.

[Linked Image]

Shane