Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
All,
What is the going rate for an 85-90% M100 in .308? It is a later model.

Also, what are your opinions of this rifle? I've heard they are everything from terrible to alright. My understanding is the triggers are pretty bad. Any secrets to making them run well?

Best,
Expat

No secrets here. They have good barrels that can shoot right with a little bedding in the right spot. They are a biotch to take apart and clean. They have a goofy 2 piece charging handle that may come apart over time, trust me it does happen wink. If you handload, load them light or you will destroy the extractor (trust me again). Stocks are hard to find, so be easy on yours. I do like the ergos and looks of the rifle. I would have kept mine if it didn't try to rattle itself apart.. How much more do you really want to know about the 100? Also, make sure the firing pin has been replaced. There was a recall on them..

A+1, I was lucky and have a fair trigger, was my one gun for many years, untold whitetails, gave it to my Dad when I got tired of tracking his 243 shot bucks, I had him on wrong bullets and he was pencil holing them, nothing wrong with the 243 with correct bullets , the last 3 deer he dropped hammer on with my 100 in 308 were bang flop, I shot it for 30 tears and just had the recall done last year!!! LOL , I like mine so that I bought its baby brother the 490, a .22 that was put together in Canada for a few years, talk about a grunter trigger!!! it is a nail driver BUT I can find no gunsmith in the USA that can tune the 490 trigger! the very best WinPoor