Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Originally Posted by Scott F
So my new casting furnace came today and that thing can melt 20 pounds of lead in a third of the time my old 10 pound pot can.

Scott, what kind of casting furnace did you get? Sounds like it's working out well for you.

I've been out of casting for years now, but I'm getting ready to start up again and I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of furnace to buy. The 20 lb. size and bottom pour is what I'm thinking about, with capacity for 4 cavity molds as I have a number of old Lymans in the reloading room left over from the old days. It would be helpful to know specifically what furnace works.

BTW, based on your posts over on the handguns forum, I've bought powder coating and I'm planning to run a batch of 45 Colt HCs through the black power coating in the coming few weeks. Thanks for the tips you've posted on the process. Took a lot of the mystery out of it and makes for some cool looking bullets. smile

I got the Lee 20 pound pot. It is working well for me.

Enjoy the fun times making pretty cast bullets. I am casting really soft and getting over 200% expansion in some cases and well over 90% retention.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!