Some people consider a 30 with heavy bullets as the start of the medium bore range. With the 200 grain bullets I would say it comes close. I had always wanted a 358 NM but now owning a .375 I don't feel the want so much.

The 358 would be the ultimate N American medium but with the cartridge restrictions in Africa the 375 is more versatile. Still if you want an Elk,Bear,Moose thumper with few pears do it.

Barrel setback shouldn't be a problem but will require glassing in the barrel channel gap and re-bedding the shank.

Check the price as the re-bore is reasonable but with barrel set back too it will come close to the cost of a new custom barrel job. Also I wouldn't want to go much shorter than 21" or so with any medium magnum. Unless it is a dedicated for heavy cover only use I would be happier with 23" or more barrel length.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli