Just back from a terrific hunt with KMG Hunting Safaris in the Eastern Cape. 4th trip to Africa but my first time to the Eastern Cape, and the terrain and vegetation made for some excellent hunting. On the outfitting end food and lodging were top rate as was equipment / planning/ communications. Good hunting and good company, what else does anyone need in a hunt?

Main goal was a pair of Bushbuck and a Blue Duiker and we had very good success on both along with a few more in 8 full hunting days. Impala, Blesbok, Jackal by calling, Mountain Reedbuck and some management hunting to fill in around the edges; were all part of the hunt. Even did a short notice Vaal Rhebok hunt for a day, but I blew our best chance by missing a shot, unfinished business for a future hunt maybe.

Blue Duiker was done with a pair of beagles on a driven hunt with Marius’ 12 ga O/U and was one of many highlights of the trip. Took a worn to the nubs example and couldn’t be happier if it was a 60” Kudu! Awesome hunt I would recommend to anyone.

I did use Riflepermits.com for assistance through J’berg and Henry and his crew were top notch for both SAPS approval and storage of my rifle for a time when I did some touring after my hunt.

Leaving directly from JFK, I did not overnight in J’berg but continued through to Port Elizabeth and stayed just off the waterfront at The Windermere for a day on both ends of the hunt portion of my trip; and doing it again I should have stayed a few more days in PE, nice town and wished I had time to have seen more.

Later I traveled to Sabi Sands to stay for a few days with a camera and daily encounters with Leopard and Lion made for an eventful trip as did fishing for 2 day’s with old friends.

I always think this will be the last African trip and I’m already pondering how to get back…..I have some unfinished business with some members of the Tiny 10 and I know KMG and Marius will get the call. Can't seem to let go of this Elephant thing either, maybe we'll tackle that first?

Some pics;
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]