Originally Posted by 40O
I've never known anyone running for President. I don't know any of the people he states he is writing the 'open' letter to.

As a rule, I don't let anyone I don't know watch my kids. Yet, every four years I'm suppose to vote for someone to run the country.

How am I suppose to pick someone to run the country out of a group that I would not let watch my kids?

Trump is a billionaire. I've heard that people pay him money just so they can have lunch with him and talk about business. If I had a business and needed someone to run the business, I would definitely pick trump if he, Cruz and Clinton were the only choices available. Hell, I do have a business and would definitely let Trump run the place if he offered. Can't say the same for the rest. Maybe the Gov. of Ohio? Probably not. But I would definitely let Trump run my business. So, why not view the country like a business? What would be so wrong with that? And before someone interjects that I should want the country to be lead by a 'moral' leader, let me just remind you that I don't know any of these people. I don't know anyone that does know any of these people. I can evaluate their business savvy, I can evaluate their business track record (Fiorina? Really?). But their "Moral" compass? Sorry, not buying any of it from anyone. I'm 52. I'm ready for our country to be run as a good business. Can you imagine if our president actually listened to the wants expressed by Americans, say a secure national business, and then went about achieving what Americans desire in a sound business manner? I'll settle for that over the Russian roulette of trying to pick a leader with a good moral compass out of a group of people I don't know (and who are not known to anyone I do know).

I'm ready to change the way we pick people. I'm ready for a change to the way I evaluate people running for office. I'm ready to change the criteria I use to evaluate people who want to be elected to run our communities and country.

I'd let him run my business sight unseen, without ever meeting him. I'll let him run by Country for awhile and see how it goes.

So you're pro multiple bankruptcies then, got it.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord