My hunting partner and I killed 3 deer with a .308 shooting 200 grn ELD-X bullets this last fall. Shots averaged about 80-100 yards. At that distance impact velocities should have been 2300 Fps or less. One DRT, and the other two ran a bit. While it killed fairly well I have to say there was more blood shot then I've ever experienced. One deer was on a steep hill going up. The angle made the shot impact between the shoulder blades. This was the DRT. I lost almost all the back straps, and the animal was blood shot from his neck to his rear end. Serious amounts of trimming!

I'm used to having some blood shot, as I like using softer bullets when hunting deer. I really don't want to track them, and really like the way Ballistic Tips kill. I have to say the ELD-X's blood shot all 3 deer about 2-3 times more than my experience with Ballistic Tips.

I retrieved the bullet from the deer shot between the shoulder blades and it was in two pieces. A small chunk of the core, maybe 50-60 grains, and the other part was just the rear cup.