Originally Posted by shrapnel

I hear what you are saying, but when was the last time you sent something to Leica for a warranty? The Leica will still be worth $1200.00 in a year...

Two of my hunting pards had to go through multiple phone calls and no small amount of frustration to have Leica repair/refurbish their Ultravids. And they have to go back by slow schooner across the pond. Took 5 months round trip.

A 'fire member is currently doing battle with Leica over his Geovids with the Passport warranty. His focus knob is stiff and Leica is telling him the electronics warranty is expired. They said they would repair it for $300+ He keeps telling them it's the friggin' focus knob and should be repaired under warranty.

Contrast that with both pairs of my 1st gen SLC's. A phone call to Swaro's repair facility in Rhode Island and 5 weeks later my SLC's came back better than ever. All for free. One started growing the dreaded crystals, the other I simply sent in for insurance.

I really like Leica, but I've listened to other stories about their less than stellar CS. Not even Swaro/Leica/Zeiss are immune to breaking.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.