I think we currently have he best system going if you are a non-resident, even though I agree that many if not most NR could do it safely. It is about the availability of game. If you'd go to a non-guide requirement, everything would suddenly become a 1% draw for those 3 species. If you want that, push for it. Personally, I'd rather work overtime for a few years and squirrel away the 15k for a sheep hunt rather than wait 25 years to maybe draw a tag.

As mentioned with lower SE AK bears, is that mass non-residents were showing up and a good portion of them killing the first bear they saw. I had the displeasure of taking a handful of them fishing, and I said never again. I've never met a more unethical and clueless bunch. Wounding loss and sow kills were taking a huge toll on the population. KC and his group are the perfect example of NR hunters. They killed 3 bears, one of them borderline mature, and 2 cubs if I remember correctly. Well, extrapolate that out over the hears and hundreds of hunters and you have a problem.