I love 6x scopes. Following are my thoughts:

Weaver: great scope for the money. Tube is short so I only put on short action rifles where they work great.

Leupold: I loved the 6x42. Was my favorite scope. Clear enough, flexible eye relief and mounts easily on most rifles. But I have sold all but one. I got tired of the scopes getting wonky after adjustments and shooting all over the place for 4-5 shots before settling and I didn't think they held zero all that well. Every Leupie I have bought the last few years have done this and is a sample of dozens. I don't think this was always the case with Leupold, but I am about through with their product.

SWFA: I have one and so far so good. Not bad for price. Heavier than Leupie and eye relief not quite as flexible. I wished at least the windage turret was covered. I hate exposed turrets on a rifle I will travel with.

Meopta: I have one and haven't shot it, but have it mounted. So far so good. Eye relief is decent, glass is clear, mounted just fine on a long action. This may be my next favorite if it tracks well and is durable.

S&B: had one and sold it. Good scope. Tracked well, clear, etc. eye relief is not flexible at all and I didn't like it. Sold it pretty quickly.