Originally Posted by kiwi
Looking Very good Gene
Must be great to have access to all that equipment and the knowledge to use it
Kiwi
Having the equipment to make stuff doesn't do any good with out someone putting in the effort to send the information needed to know what to make - thanks for all the time you spent taking measurements & pictures for me. (I know it's been quite a while, I hope you weren't beginning to think your time was wasted!).

I hope to have them complete by the end of the week. I had 10 body's and bottoms cut and managed to get 9 good bodies through the operations done so far (bent one backwards, could still make it work, it would just have the slot on the left side). I finished drawing up the follower today but still am considering doing something less involved than coping the original.
[Linked Image]

Here are the BSA's, bottom one has the paper cutout magazine in it and the other a partially completed one (bottom one is also threaded for a suppressor, quite common on guns from England). I probably should have just been happy with the tube fed versions.
[Linked Image]
The estimates on production of the pumps is around 5000 of the tube fed and only about 1000 for the box magazine fed (I don't think I will find much of a market for any extra magazine I might end up with).

BSA = Birmingham Small Arms and started in the 1860's. Between wars they started making bicycles and then motorcycles, at one time, when they also had Triumph and Norton, they were the largest manufacturer of motorcycles in the world.

Last edited by GeneB; 05/01/16. Reason: addede another picture & notes

Gene