I grew up in Missouri and have cousins scattered all around. Up north, the soil is better so better crops and critters. Springfield is down south and critters are small. Not sure what you are not likely re changes in Colorado but you may find it is the country changing rather than a portion of Colorado. I here people complain about Jackson, WY, and Bozeman, MT and Ft. Collins, CO, and Kansas City, MO.

Personally, as a hunter I would move to Colorado in a heartbeat if I still lived in Missouri. Missouri has whitetail deer over the counter rifle tags. That is good. Turkey is over the counter. That is good. That is it for challenging hunting. Colorado offers several more critters as well as all Missouri offers.

Not sure if health issues run in your family though, if they do, proximity to good medical care is something to consider. Springfield is on a geographic island away from major medical centers.

Another consideration is if you fly to do things or have people who visit you by flying. Springfield is not really easy to reach so might take 2 or 3 plane changes to get to about anywhere.

Some things that come to mind. If you do move to Springfield area then you will have milder winters but your summers will be humid so you might want to visit in July to fully appreciate how a midwestern state can get so dang humid.

A computer once beat me at chess. I then won a kickboxing contest with the same computer. So, 1-1 to date.