Seafire, I certainly understand the frustration people have with volatile fuel prices. Notice I used the term "ignorant", not stupid. I think you are far from stupid, but you cannot compare a traded commodity with an item like a vehicle.

Let me ask you a couple of questions if I may:

1. What should the price of crude be today and why?
2. What should the price of unleaded gasoline be today and why?
3. If you were producing a product at a loss, would you keep producing that product?

Make no mistake....I am no friend of Big Oil, not by a long shot. You can blame Uncle Sam for letting the oil companies merge back together, the same Uncle Sam that made them split up decades ago. You can also blame speculators last week for rising fuel prices. They were optimistic about the possibility of OPEC agreeing to freeze production at their meetings. Well, it didn't happen, and prices have started falling again over the last couple of days.

Also, Convenience stores make very little $$$ on fuel, often 10cts/gallon or less unless they are in areas of less competition. They'd much rather make huge margins on fountain drinks, bottled water, and food that consumers don't mind paying 10 prices for.

BTW, here's todays EIA Inventory reports FYI: Make special note of the huge demand for gasoline......

[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/04/16.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.